Stringbabies Teacher Training Courses
From September 2020 until further notice all training will be carried out online using Skype or Zoom.
a) 1 to 1 sessions
b) 1 to 2 sessions
c) Groups of a minimum of 3 people
Stringbabies teacher membership for one year will be free for teachers who complete this training (normally £45 per year).
Option A: 1 to 1 training
Is delivered in three separate sessions.
Each session lasts 1 hour and can be arranged at a time and date to suit you but should be completed over no longer than 3 months from the first session.
Cost: £80 per session (Total £240)
Option C: Groups of 3 + trainees
A 4 week course, commencing Wednesday 4th November from 19.00 to 20.00 hours (Greenwich Mean Time). Consecutive sessions will run at the same time on the following Wednesdays (16th, 18th and 25th).
Total cost £160 for all four weeks.
Brief summary of session content
Session 1 (sessions 1 and 2 in groups of 3+)
- Summary of the Stringbabies approach and aims
- Introduction to teaching pitch and rhythm and integrating symbols in reading
- Early composition and aural skills
Session 2 (session 3 for groups)
- Revision of the above
- Moving to a 3 and 5 line stave and preparing the left hand
- Beginning the journey into conventional notation
- Basic playing technique for beginners including teaching initial set up and early bowing skills
Session 3 (session 4 for groups)
- More challenging rhythmic skills, coupled with more advanced reading and sight reading skills
- Exploring more advanced technical skills and encouraging independence in students
- Applying Stringbabies principles to all ages
Musicbabies for Recorder teachers
Please book in for session 1 either on a Wednesday evening group or via a 1 to 1 session.
Two further sessions on a 1 to 1 or 1 to 2 basis are then required with our specialist recorder tutor and these can be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
On completion of all sessions trainees will be eligible for free Stringbabies teacher membership for one year. This must be taken up within 12 months of completing training.
Stringbabies teacher members will be entitled to discounts on all Stringbabies materials, training and on instruments, cases and accessories via our partners, the Soundpost Ltd..
Further details available on application.